Be careful if you buy an LGI home! company: LGI homes in San Antonio, TX

We bought a brand new house in Luckey Ranch, on US 90 West, San Antonio, Texas. It's been only six months since we moved in. So far, we have encountered the following problems:

1. Water seeping through the carpet after heavy rain.

2. Cracked walls in less than six months.

3. A leak under the bathroom sink which turned into fungi and has left black and white marks.

If you are like us and don't know much about the construction business, we urge you to spend a few extra dollars and take someone who can examine the house thoroughly if you choose to buy a home with LGI. Their post-sale service is poor and they usually will blame YOU for what's wrong with a BRAND NEW HOUSE.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 29 Yes 29 61 No 61
Had the same issue 20 Yes 20
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 12, 2015 #1018725

They blame you because YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for the maintenance of the house YOU bought. It's not a rental.

3 4 Reply

Jun 19, 2013 #666647 Aldine, Texas

It looks like your problem was left longer than a day ... if you have a leak ANYWHERE in your home, a smart person would turn of the water and report it asap.. not leave it as is and see how bad it gets. I'm living in an apartment now and I pay close to $1000 a month.. which to me is not cheap and I have my little maint problems every now and then.. it happens .. an issue because a problem when they don't fix it right away. Why do you think they offer waranty. duh.

4 8 Reply
Looking for a new home

May 23, 2013 #655287 San Antonio, Texas

Thank you for you advice. I am seeking my first home and live in SA, was considering lgi but thanks to your post, will be careful. Thanks again.

5 1 Reply

Oct 31, 2015 #1056634

Just left a meeting with one of the sales person....Lucky Ranch very cheap construction

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.