1.5K views
1.6

Am shopping for a new home so thought I'd check out Sterling Lakes. Walked into the sales office and was immediately greeted by a dirty look.

They sat me down and offered me a drink. Next, another sales guy comes by and starts asking me personal questions about my life and work. He didn't ask me ANYTHING about which floor plan I wanted to look at or introduce me to model homes. When I asked to look at the quality of interiors, he got angry and told me that the model is the sales office and that everything is built as is, that any further upgrades would be done on your own cost after you purchase the home.

This is the first time I've looked into LGI Homes and have never known how they worked and it was extremely painful to get this information out of the horrible sales process. It took forever just to be able to view ONE home and finally when able to do so, the quality is not that great. Overall average to low craftsmanship for housing but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. If you are not picky on these things, then go for it and good luck.

Not a great sales process since they are interested in qualifying you as soon as you walk in the door. Not supposed to be discriminated against as everyone should have a fair chance at looking at the quality of the interiors before moving forward with prequalification regardless of income or gender. The customer should be the one to make the choice on whether the choice of home is good for them or not, not the salesperson. So instead of giving you information to get informed, rather its the salesperson there who tries to pry info from you as much as possible so they get to determine if the home or community is a fit for you.

Literally, you have to almost beg just to see a model home. Not only that, salesperson tried to make me look foolish for being uninformed about what LGI is all about.

This is my first time EVER seeing an LGI Home community and learning about what they do and it was a TERRIBLE experience. This would be a 0 star rating.

LGI Homes Pros: Price.

LGI Homes Cons: Sales people, Poor construction of home, Being tricked.

Comments

My friend just bought a home from them. She is new to the hospital me owner process so I went along.

Her sales person got made at me because I questioned the entire process.

Needless to say she recently closed on her home there. I wish her the very best because it looks like she will need it!