Houston, Texas
1.9K views

My wife and I attended a Realtor function in Sterling Lakes (Rosharon, Tx) as there are several builders in that community, i.e. First Texas, Triumph Homes, Westin Homes, Castle Rock, DR Horton, etc. I have sold several homes in that community prior to the developer selling several lots to LGI. Many of the residents are extremely upset that the developer (Land Tejas) sold lots to LGI as they believe it has affected the value of their properties. After my wife attended the Realtor function we stopped by LGI and the very first thing the sales representative said was "we don't need Realtor to bring thier clients." My wife and I looked at their totally stunned as what would make anyone say that?

As a Sales Manager for both local and national homebuilders for approx. 15 years, the builders I worked for would have fired a Sales Counselor on the spot for making such a comment as 90% of the builders business comes from Realtors, except LGI. Hmmmm

Rodney Hamp (Hamp Team @ Keller Williams 281-937-9800)

Comments

#791944

Mr. Hamp

My name is Bryan Sterling.

I am the Manager at Sterling Lakes LGI Homes. I would like to extend an invitation to you to come view our homes as you are correct in that we do have "a reputation." I would like to share with you what that is in terms of our construction. Before making such allegations I would like for you to see our homes and be provided construction feedback first hand. Should you, following the information provided, feel the same way - pls feel free to share you thoughts.

We do apologize for your treatment you and your wife experienced during your visit. We do appreciate business from realtors and encourage it.

Not to be taken out of context - at this time realtors are not our primary source for clients as 90% of the home building industry.

Bryan Sterling 281-778-5200

:grin THIS WHAT LGI IS DOING LAUGHING ALL OF US YOU BOUGHT THERE PAPER HOUSES, THAT WHAT THEY ARE.ANYONE WHO IS THING ABOUT BUYING OUT HERE OR FROM LGI, TAKE A REALTOR LAWYER WITH THEM WHEN THEY GO SEE THERE TRASHIE HOUSES THERE GOING TO NEED THEM :sigh WE SHOULD HAVE AND WE ARE UP IN OUR 70, WE GOT OUR BACK SIDE WORKED OVER REAL GOOD IF YOU ALL KNOW WHAT I MEAN :x

This is a complaint because the sales counselor has poor customer service. If you work in an interactive customer environment, then you should greet all potential clients or anyone else who walks into the office with a smile.

Whether you like the person or not, in a bad mood...it doesn't matter; you should always deliver beyond excellence customer service.

The quality of a companys customer service is my deciding factor in whether I will continue to be a patron. I've been in the mortgage/appraisal field for 9 years and we believe in treating everyone client the same way we would want someone to treat us.

Thanks, for posting this information I received this flyer and have been receiving these flyers in the mail for the last 3 months so I figured I would check them out. I of course have a appt.

today @11a at Sunrise. But, these comments review that I have been reading are enough to convince me but I am going to go to my appt., just so I can see for myself what they are saying and how the are talking.

Shane, now your showing your ignorance as you must either work for LGI or live in one of those cracker boxes. The reason why they dont like Realtors is we protect our cleints from deception, poor construction and obtaining loans that favor the builder and/or thier lender.

Even thought I've sold over $300,000,000.00 in real estate, I'm sure you know all about construction, mortgages and which builders build a good product. LGI has a reputation and it sucks.

@Rodney Hamp

showing ignorance by wanting to do his homework and see for himself? Why would you not encourage anyone to go and feel the place out for themselves, yea don't put money down, but go rub shoulders with the community and see what the people there are saying.

Unless it is true what was posted.... why did you put your contact information there after making the "competition" look bad?

Calling people ignorant and telling them they ask foolish questions, maybe you were fired from LGI for this same behavior? After all it was the first thing that came out of your mouth, "you either work for LGI..." hmmmmm

@Susan the reason it is a complaint is because a realtor doesn't make money if you don't use them. Thats why he put his contact information as well as the subdivision information so he can get some business from people looking in that neighborhood and searching for reviews on it. His calling you ignorant for your question shows his quality of character.

Your showing your ignorance by asking such as foolish question.

How is this a complaint?

@Susan

Did she really say that?