I visited the Sterling Lakes development in Rosharon, TX over the past weekend (December 8th, 2012) and spoke to a slick salesman named Scott Mace who offered sales pitch after sales pitch, trying to convince you to buy their houses TODAY.Here is my advice: Please run from this place if you don't want to lose your hard earned money - there are better higher quality homes elsewhere; often, in the same development from another builder!
Home buying is the biggest financial decision of your life and you do not want to sign 30 years of your life away in mortgage bondage to a house you would "settle" with but don't see any longterm value - be rational about your decision; do not let any pushy salesman pressure you to do anything. LGI homes is targeted to prey on new home buyers, especially those currently in apartments who want to get into a home with little upfront cost. LGI promises to pay the closing costs of the home and offer zero down payment to get new home buyers into their houses. Truth of the matter is, the closing costs are already factored into their expensive houses - please shop around and you will know that other builders offer closing cost assistance as well for a better quality home.
Furthermore, they will tell you they are the only ones who can offer no down payment, but the zero down program from LGI is nothing but a government program from the USDA to sponsor rural urbanization - you can use this program in any rural area in Texas from any home builder. I was not at all impressed with the lack of professionalism from this builder and their cunning sales pitches.
Try going to another home builder and you will find that if it is a professional place, the salesmen there will never push you to make irrational quick decisions.Any good salesman knows that the quality of their product often sells itself.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Sterling Lake Development
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "hello to everyone here I wish there would be somekind of class action suite against them there are complaints everywhere my story is I bought a home from clayton homes..."
- "We paid a handsome price to have our parking lot Tar & Chipped rather than re-pave which is considerably more expensive. The product did not hold up and within a couple..."
- "These photos show a crack in the foundation slab that I discovered when I took up the carpet in my house at Sun City Hilton Head, SC.Photo 1 shows what..."
- "I ordered my husband a flower and bear for Valentines last week. I ordered the bear with 3 flowers for $31.99 plus tax and delivery. the total being $51.41. What my husband..."
- "Purse arrived damaged, quality is *** and not what was pictured. They will not refund my money. What can we do to get them to refund my money? ..."
- "This firm that has a slogan "For Dads" was recommended to me by a friend's friend for helping me out after my X claimed that I never paid her child..."
- "Hello my name is Pamela Kyriakides, our mortgage company made everything so easy and fast i could not believe it. Not one glich or hiccup. Just..."
- "I went to arco store #42755 carwash twice and my car came out dirty both times. The cashier refuse to give me a refund and told me that..."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."