I visited the Sterling Lakes development in Rosharon, TX over the past weekend (December 8th, 2012) and spoke to a slick salesman named Scott Mace who offered sales pitch after sales pitch, trying to convince you to buy their houses TODAY.Here is my advice: Please run from this place if you don't want to lose your hard earned money - there are better higher quality homes elsewhere; often, in the same development from another builder!
Home buying is the biggest financial decision of your life and you do not want to sign 30 years of your life away in mortgage bondage to a house you would "settle" with but don't see any longterm value - be rational about your decision; do not let any pushy salesman pressure you to do anything. LGI homes is targeted to prey on new home buyers, especially those currently in apartments who want to get into a home with little upfront cost. LGI promises to pay the closing costs of the home and offer zero down payment to get new home buyers into their houses. Truth of the matter is, the closing costs are already factored into their expensive houses - please shop around and you will know that other builders offer closing cost assistance as well for a better quality home.
Furthermore, they will tell you they are the only ones who can offer no down payment, but the zero down program from LGI is nothing but a government program from the USDA to sponsor rural urbanization - you can use this program in any rural area in Texas from any home builder. I was not at all impressed with the lack of professionalism from this builder and their cunning sales pitches.
Try going to another home builder and you will find that if it is a professional place, the salesmen there will never push you to make irrational quick decisions.Any good salesman knows that the quality of their product often sells itself.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Sterling Lake Development
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Worst Experience ever.. Do not build with lombardo homes. All it is excuse after excuse, we will tell you what you want to hear to make the buck. We..."
- "I am writing this as a review of the work that was conducted on my home last month from Rhino Shield of Jacksonville, Fl. Several months ago, my blood pressure..."
- "NO complaints. We are rebuilding because of a fire. The insurance adjuster told us to find a plan and a builder. After researching online for local builders on your own..."
- "Drive With Pride - August 2016 Mini Cooper 2010- Had Check Engine light come on when driving vehicle home. Tried to return car, as stated below “72” hour buy back..."
- "We ordered a shower finish trim kit from KB kitchen and Bath. It took 3 weeks to get. It took us a little longer to finish to tile in the..."
- "What a shame there are many less than satisfied customers/reviews for MyPillow. I AM THRILLED and ECSTATIC about MyPillow! IT IS MY FAVORITE AND MY LAST!!! I have purchased numerous..."
- "I do not own a Lennar home, but I have lived next to a model home for over one year. I have had major drainage problems with their property draining..."
- "I ordered my husband a flower and bear for Valentines last week. I ordered the bear with 3 flowers for $31.99 plus tax and delivery. the total being $51.41. What my husband..."
- "The product I bought was the Tarkett Transcend AC622 Acacia Tamarin. Wow in the store looks great and very nice. Don’t be fooled it is the worst piece of material...."