I visited the Sterling Lakes development in Rosharon, TX over the past weekend (December 8th, 2012) and spoke to a slick salesman named Scott Mace who offered sales pitch after sales pitch, trying to convince you to buy their houses TODAY.Here is my advice: Please run from this place if you don't want to lose your hard earned money - there are better higher quality homes elsewhere; often, in the same development from another builder!
Home buying is the biggest financial decision of your life and you do not want to sign 30 years of your life away in mortgage bondage to a house you would "settle" with but don't see any longterm value - be rational about your decision; do not let any pushy salesman pressure you to do anything. LGI homes is targeted to prey on new home buyers, especially those currently in apartments who want to get into a home with little upfront cost. LGI promises to pay the closing costs of the home and offer zero down payment to get new home buyers into their houses. Truth of the matter is, the closing costs are already factored into their expensive houses - please shop around and you will know that other builders offer closing cost assistance as well for a better quality home.
Furthermore, they will tell you they are the only ones who can offer no down payment, but the zero down program from LGI is nothing but a government program from the USDA to sponsor rural urbanization - you can use this program in any rural area in Texas from any home builder. I was not at all impressed with the lack of professionalism from this builder and their cunning sales pitches.
Try going to another home builder and you will find that if it is a professional place, the salesmen there will never push you to make irrational quick decisions.Any good salesman knows that the quality of their product often sells itself.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Sterling Lake Development
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "We have foundation problems inside and out. Electrical problems. Plumbing problems. Leaks. Had to replace AC unit b/c they put one 1 ton too small for our size home which..."
- "It was recently discovered that my Standard Pacific home and all 37 homes built the same year have major structural water damage. At least 4 structural engineers have reported..."
- "We paid a handsome price to have our parking lot Tar & Chipped rather than re-pave which is considerably more expensive. The product did not hold up and within a couple..."
- "Where do I begin? I am highly dissapointed I hear terrible reviews about walmart but did not believe them. Now I am a believer of the terrible and horrible customer..."
- "I ordered my husband a flower and bear for Valentines last week. I ordered the bear with 3 flowers for $31.99 plus tax and delivery. the total being $51.41. What my husband..."
- "This is how I received my order at walmart. This is not the first time. I'm so sick of receiving my orders with damage all over. I went to complain..."
- "Total lack of communication by Builder with each other and home owner. They will tell you what you want to hear and then stall or not do it. 9 months..."
- "Mr/Ms WFG No-name from Nowhere. Please spare us your big fat lie about "many big earners" at WFG. It's total bull cr*p and you know it. Here I give you..."
- "Don't be fulled by O2pure TV commercial. They are a scam! Nothing is free obviously but they really try to pull a fast one on you. DO NEVER give your..."