San Antonio, Texas
1.6K views
1.3

LGI Homes does not honor their warranty in regard to foundation issues. During the process of selling my home, it was found to have a tilt in the foundation and separation of garage from driveway, among other things.

I paid two engineers to make sure there was in fact a bonafide problem. My foundation was still under warranty (my home was less than 9years old). LGI sent a rep out who tried to downplay the problem and who basically went on to ignore me and try to shift the need for action on my work order/claim request to another LGI rep (the old runaround ruse). Luckily My house was sold with full disclosure (the warranty stays with the house and is still good for a year).

Because of this hedging by LGI, I will never recommend their homes or sister company Terrata Homes, etc to anyone.

I will be quite vocal about their bad business practices. So buyer beware when dealing with LGI Homes and its sister company Terrata Homes

Product or Service Mentioned: Lgi Homes Customer Care.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments