Lakeland, Florida
1.3K views
1.6

Update by user Jun 15, 2015

NOW just let me say after several calls with people saying it takes 3 years to buy a home here in Florida if you did a bankruptcy or short sale I called Paul back in Lakeland he said let me check something and he said "Oh you know what it just changed yesterday you can't buy USDA" you have to wait 3 years... I'm like hello...duh...

SOOO Dave (Another one, well it was supposed to be Matt in Brooksville...

I called a few days before a Sunday to make a time and Victoria was busy so they said she'd call me back.I'll never forget my husband and I were in the car she called back and came in on the speaker hands free and said that remember when you guys were here and you were pre qualified well I thought I better double check with our senior underwriter just TO BE SURE and she said YOU CANT GET THE LOAN IT HAS TO BE 3 YRS FROM DATE OF SHORT SALE WHICH IS DEC 2016.IM LIKE SCREW LGI AND THE HORSES THEY ALL RoDE IN ON. WHAT A BUNCH OF JERKS

Original review posted by user Jun 15, 2015

They don't know what the *** they're doing one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing. In Lakeland ,Bridgewater Paul Disiglio or whatever told my realtor he was vice President...told him we did a short sale and bankruptcy it will be 2 years to told us no problem because we put the house in the bankruptcy he pre qualified us to buy USDA or Florida Bond back in Feb this yr.can buy from them two years from that date. They have in house lending he says.EASY SPEASY...GREAT!!! ALL EXCITED.Even buying out our lease to move sooner then it was...up in Oct..When I started telling people they told me that LGI was wrong that it's 3 years from the time you do a short sale or a bankruptcy I talked to a couple banks went to KB Homes they put me on the phone with their Banker talk to someone over at the USDA somebody in the State Department of Florida...but LGI insisted 2 yrs.. So we decided to check their other locations in CapeCoral (talk about Dummies) ,Tampa and Brooksville.

SOOO Dave (Another one, well it was supposed to be Matt in Brooksville... I talked to him at length 2 or 3 times before we came in that particular Sunday but he wasn't there he didn't come in that day). homes were cheaper there by ten thousand dollars and there were no CCD fees plus they sold USDA so we decided that's where our new home would be...come June.I was still a little skeptical about this 2 year 3 year waiting. So I talked to the manager there and we made an appointment to come in so I can get prequalified again.So I talk to the manager there, made an appointment to come in again to get pre qualified, she,VICTORIA said,the lender will be there VP of LGI bla bla.a couple days before appointment Dave the salesman called and wanted my husband to write a letter as to why he retired 4 years ago.No one ever asked or said anything about that before after some bikkering I said fine went ahead and wrote up the letter and brought that with us with all our paperwork. Everyone was CUMBAYA hugging and SAYING THEY LOVE US my personality and telling jokes and in the mean time lender looked at all our stuff and said we were prequalified everything was a go. AGAIN ON A CLOUD. Had to wait only about 3 more weeks to bring in all our paperwork and get going for June was 2 year date.

I called a few days before a Sunday to make a time and Victoria was busy so they said she'd call me back.I'll never forget my husband and I were in the car she called back and came in on the speaker hands free and said that remember when you guys were here and you were pre qualified well I thought I better double check with our senior underwriter just TO BE SURE and she said YOU CANT GET THE LOAN IT HAS TO BE 3 YRS FROM DATE OF SHORT SALE WHICH IS DEC 2016.IM LILE SCREW LGI AND THE HORSES THEY ALL RIDE IN ON. WHAT A BUNCH OF JERKS

Comments

All those lender overlays and regulations are so pesky and inconvenient when you have a BK or short sale or foreclosure. They are in place so the system does not collapse again.

Despite all your research and information you had about the 3 year wait, you still tried to proceed. Who is really the ***?