Riverview, Florida
1.6K views

I purchased a new construction home from LGI Homes in the Ayersworth Glen sub-division on 8/7/2015. The property backs up to Progressive Waste Solutions on County Road 672.

At the time of my house closing Greg the Construction Manager from LGI, told me the backyard was built at a certain grade to help the water drain into a ditch two properties over. I mentioned that there was standing water in the yard. He said he would look at it again and thought there was an issue with water rolling down the hill from the Progressive Waste Solutions which was adding to the problem. All of the homes along this property line have standing water.

I’m one of the few owner occupied homes. The rest of the homes are under construction. LGI Homes has instructed for me to fill out a Home Warranty ticket for them to look at it. I have done this twice and never got a response.

Yesterday, Greg from LGI left me a voicemail stating that he has noticed that all the properties by me have standing water and it’s an issue with Progressive Waste Solutions. He has not provided any timeline or solution.

I continue to have standing water in over half of my backyard. Owned my home for 1 month now and they still have not fixed it or communicated a solution to me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lgi Homes House Construction.

Comments

I live next door to this person and moved in on 10/03/2015 the water is a real problem. Greg makes promises to fix the issues but never does, he makes excuses as we are working on it, but nobody ever does

I used to clean the new construction homes for LGI. If you were to look under the countertops of corners that don't have cabinets under them, you will find all kinds of trash including discarded food and beer cans that were sealed up from and by the construction workers.

Also under tubs and showers.

I informed the manager and he just laughed and said the new owner would be in for a surprise if they ever changed countertops. Good luck with that company!