Saint Paul, Minnesota
1.7K views
1.4

My wife and I bought a LGI home in Waterview Farms and love the area. However the workmanship and quality of work is terrible.

We have been in our house less than a year and many issues have come up. First, the fence is coming apart and is not far from falling. The front door will not stay closed by itself, have to keep it locked. There are numerous cracks in the drywall above the windows.

The concrete in the garage is cracking. Along with these issues there are several more that were identified on our initial walk through that have not been addressed. But the one issue that really hacks me off is that the one thing we asked for is a level yard so that we could have a pool, patio and a shed in the back yard. I am not joking when i say the left side of my gate is at least a foot lower than the right side.

I have tried moving my grill from the front to the bank and it is not safe. I cannot even get my mower to the back without a lot of problems. And it gets worse, the backyard is about 30 ft from front to back and it drops off about four feet in that distance.

No way to have a pool or shed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lgi Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

LGI Homes Pros: Location.

LGI Homes Cons: Poor service, Home quality, Not listening to the customer.

Comments

It sounds like your construction issues can be handled easily on the lgi homes website and your property was graded for proper drainage. If you did not like the location of the house, sounds like you should have picked a different one.