Heyworth, Illinois
4.2K views

WHO HAS AN LGI HOME IN STERLING LAKES AREA??

so Im thinking STRONGLY of going to LGI...Im a first time buyer I stay in houston and it will just be me and my two toddlers living there.I want to live in Sterling Lakes.My heart is leaning towards the COLORADO floor plan! What should I expect.I dont want to beleive all these bad experiences from people but everyones experience is DIFFERENT some good some are bad.FIRM believer or TWO sides to EVERY story!

Do u really not get the homes for the low price they advertise like 679mnthly? Let me know the 4-1-1 please!

Comments

I looked there once. The price on the homes themselves...the 1 story 3+2's were ok for the area.

You essentially trade nice and new for cheap rental grade everything inside vs older homes with better stuff. This is strictly before considering all the neighborhood comments. You here plenty of things are fine and that it's ghetto. Just the fact there is so much bad stuff around, you have to acknowledge at the very least, things aren't as they typically appear with a quick look.

Even if the neighborhood was great...the big turn off to me is the amount you pay BEYOND the home itself. Taxes are on the high side, HOA is high (I think $75/mo these days), MUD tax on top of the high property taxes, etc. It was over $600/mo for that stuff alone! Then if you want to be properly insured w/ windstorm and all, there is another nearly $300.

Of course your gunna pay about that for insurance on a similar place anywhere in the area, but you When it comes down to it, you can find better homes that cost a little more up front that arent in a MUD area but spend literally HALF as much for the property+MUD taxes + HOA. I would have been a cash buyer so I dunno how they bake that stuff into a mortgage, but buying a home outright and still having to pay nearly $1k a month was a huge turnoff when you can find good housing elsewhere in the area with taxes and hoa (if applicable) for $250-500/mo.

The picture they paint is not the truth ..the amenities are small n restricted use .Security seldom actually drive thru n check on ppl.the kids break the gates . dogs *** on your yards.

Its the best kept secret hood u wudnt expect. Not happy here

Horrible business practices. They will not allow my realtor to represent me because I made a simple call for information a few months ago and Heather never followed up with me.

When I attempted to explain the situation to Fred Taylor he was rude, did not listen and hung the phone up in my face. Wow this is how LGI sell homes to potential buyers.

Wow I would recommend them to anyone. Rude Rude Rude people!!!!!

Principal and interest quoted only. They do not share the HOA fees, insurance, and taxes that make up a significant portion of your payment. They know once they get you in under the true but not accurate PI amount, that they can close you on the other 400.00 a month or so that is missing in their advertising.

They count on client ignorance and must be right because they are the fastest growing builder in the country.

#1190057

there are no more homes for 679 monthly anymore...the longer you wait the more you pay...make your move and become a proud home owner..

Lies don't do it they lie to get you in I am in sterling lakes a veteran. No integrity.

They sell you a poor built home I was in my house 2 mo before I noticed we have a leak in the roof hoa fees 800 for nothing you still pay for parties.

The customer is not a priority. Dont do it.

@Rock

I hate it here also and a vet..HOA is a ripoff u may as well get a spot in the city the ppl they allow in is anybody 3 to 4 families in one home kids running around reckless..I'm not happy o was looking fwd to the country living peace..

CALL A REAL ESTATE AGENT BEFORE YOU GO, ITS FREE FOR YOU, THE SELLER PAYS YOUR AGENT TO WORK FOR YOU. ON THE ISSUE OF PRICE, YOU WILL NOT PAY 700 FOR ANY HOME IN STERLING LAKES.

THE TAXES AND INSURANCE ARE INCLUDED IN YOUR PAYMENT, SO IF THE PRINCIPLE AND INTEREST IS ABOUT 700, YOU WILL BE LOOKING AT A PAYMENT OF ABOUT $1100 TO $1200 A MONTH SO BUDGET ACCORDINGLY. WITH THAT SAID, STERLING LAKES IS A GREAT PLACE FOR YOU, FOR ANYONE, THE COMMUNITY HAS HOMES IN THE HIGH $300K WHICH GIVES THE SMALLER HOMES VALUE, ITS GATED WITH 24HRS SECURITY, YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG THERE.

CALL ME 2817609879 I AM A REAL ESTATE AGENT AND I KNOW THE AREA. THANKS

Don't do it. The section where LGI homes are built is the freaking hood.

It is no place to move to with two toddlers by yourself.

If LGI built it, run do not walk, bought in Creekside and it been thing but but trouble, and if Lgi has any thing to do with it you will have trouble down the road, they build home that do not met codes. wish we could sell, but there to many here or forsale, now that should tell you something.

:eek

:eek

She asked about the Sterling Lakes neighboorhood. Sorry you got a *** of a place in San in what?

Ooh yeah wanna be Houston. Anyways I have been living in Sterling Lakes for 6 months and haven't had a problem with anything. Everybody in the neighborhood is friendly and keeps up with their yards. There are $200k plus homes in the neighboorhood and it's a gated community with lakes and splash pad for the kids.

It's safe. About the home itself. Is it is on the cheap side but what home isn't thrown together these days? You can always upgrade after you buy.

For instance my wife and I are putting hardwood floors and installing a new door this year. Along with many other home equity projects we have our sights on. It's called pride of ownership. Most people here who complain must not feel pride in their living environment so then it turns into a dump.

Lgi had 1 year warranties that are a nice feature and the lead contractor is still on site driving around asking residents if there is anything he can do.

So I highly recommend Sterling Lakes I like here with my 2 twins toddlers and my wife. Very family friendly with lots of kids in the area.

@Happy customer.

Hi, Reading your response and would appreciate how things have been since you've pretty much settled in. I am seriously thinking of buying LGI but skepticism is holding me back. Help!!

Hidden costs? you mean TAXES?

that everyone must pay?

ANYWHERE?

Its the sales peoples fault YOU fell behind?

does Bank of America own LGI? how does one corespond with the other?

NOTE: my nickname doesn't appear complete...is homeless not ho! :upset

No, there's NO WAY you're gonna pay that, not even with the smallest model! 679/month?!?!

that's before all the other little hidden-costs. Me and my husband bought ours in 2008 in San Antonio. HUGE MISTAKE! we learned a little too late that what we pay, is the same than a lot of our friends pay for their way-bigger, nicer homes in better neighborhoods.

The construction itself is *** fake countertops and particle board cabinets, super cheap carpet and light fixtures! now, we knew this when we bought it, and for our first home, it did seem like a great idea/deal at the time but we did not do our research properly. We could have gotten a WAY NICER house for the same monthly payment. We fell for the "no down payment" trick.

Also, the sellers (great at their job btw) will talk you into buying a more expensive house than you can actually pay every month to still live comfortably. Initially we qualified for a cheaper home but they pushed us into buying the next one up because according to them we could afford it! well we fell, naive of course, and here we are, about to lose it because very little by little, we stayed behind in our payments and that just snow-balled us. Plus, Bank of America ended up being our loaner (which it wasn't at first) and they've been nothing but a headache!.

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Note that my neighbors are about to foreclose on their home. they are an older couple no kids. They have the smallest modeI: 2 bedrooms only!!!

they pay $1,100 a month for their tiny cardboard house!!!! WTF? (pardon my French).

Honestly I don't care losing the house, although it will affect us for a while, because I can't wait to be out of this place and ghetto neighborhood. Next time I will look into a foreclosed home in a neighborhood with lots of trees!