Jacksonville, Florida
1.6K views

I found a ad on craigslist for a New home sales consultant position for LGI homes. I received a e-mail to do a phone interview and was then set up with a face to face interview.

I was given a address for the location. The day of the interview I went to the location that was given to me by the recruiter, I show up and it a address to a new construction site. I sat for a minute trying to find the email to confirm and the phone number to reach the recruiter. I was given the correct address.

As soon as I walked up to the door and Greg opened it I had a weird feeling about him the first 5 seconds. Greg was rude as he interviewed me. I live in Duval county and the job interview was a hour away. He questioned me on the amount of time it took me to get to the interview stating it should of only took me 30 mins he actually went back and forth with me on it.

I was asked what kind of car, make, model year and color my car was. How much I make at my current job. I was told my current job (sales rep at Comcast) is not considered sales...because I wasn't "selling" anything.

He had his fist rested on his face during the interview process as if I was boring him. Overall my interview experience was the worst I ever encountered.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

From reading your post, I'm still not sure what the interviewer did that was wrong? Sounds to me like you aren't ready for a career is sales.

Obstacles can't stop you. Problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you!!

Good luck to you, stay positive! :)

Lgi doesn't rip anyone off. Part of the interview questions require to ask those questions.

I would think your car would matter in real estate sales. The time it takes to get somewhere can be misunderstood and it's not that big of a deal if it was questioned. The same goes for having a hand on your face.

Comcast doesn't seem like a sales job for the most part. It really seems like you took the interview personal because you didn't get the job.

sounds like this interviewer was worthless, I would have gotten up and walked out, the minute he started arguing with me. UNLESS, he was doing this to see how you reacted to angry customer, who LGI has ripped off. many ..........