483 views

Verified Reviewer

Featured
1.6

Update by user Oct 17, 2020

THIS IS A TEXT TO JEF YARBROUGH, WHO IS LGI VP FOR RALEIGH NC:Re: cancellation at Avery PondJef Yarbrough;I wanted to thank you for the time and courtesy you extended to my wife, Nancy Goldstein, during the phone call you both had yesterday.I must take exception to a statement you made to her. You said we only canceled because we had another house in our back pocket.

That is a reach and a heck of an insinuation.Part of our in person discussion with Anthony on Sunday, centered around lack of communication and getting two different stories from Ron and him. He asserted very strongly if you want it straight talk to him (Anthony).So when Anthony moments later said the HOA was purchasing the sales office for meetings, parties, etc. and a playground to be built in the rear, why on God’s earth would we question the validity of that statement? He only moments before said if we want it straight Anthony is the man.Ron e-mailed my agent and tried to desperately walk it back, but NEVER contacted me.

More importantly Anthony NEVER reached out to me voluntarily and only responded to my e-mail the next morning. Never once did he backtrack his words but rather quoted a paragraph from the contract closing the door on a refund.Then Jef yesterday you have the nerve to say you would put in writing it will never be an HOA and only sold as a house. Funny where was Ron, Anthony and you on Sunday or even Monday to state that? So it is so easy after the fact to make that statement now that we already canceled.Remember we specifically asked at the time of contract signing what was happening with the sales office once the site was completed.

We were told by Ron it would be sold as a home.As time went on from there, it became evident that we did not always get straight talk from Ron. So when we were there on Sunday and Anthony very strongly said if you want it straight speak directly to him. So are you calling Anthony a liar, since he told us this information?Do you honestly think we would ever enter a contract if we were told upfront that there was even a remote possibility of the HOA taking it over? We are in our 70’s and being next to that type of environment is a non-starter.It is quite evident that the real truth came out of Anthony’s mouth on Sunday and you are all trying to find excuses, make false accusations, and questioning our honesty, rather then own up to the fact that we were played.So what would happen once we were moved in and found out then it was an HOA building?

From what I see, the response from you would be “Oh well!” They say buyer beware, and we were, but when dealing with corporate statements that constantly change to suit your needs at the time, it becomes an uphill battle.DO THE RIGHT THING!Al A WEEK LATER I TEXTED JEF:Hi Jef;It’s been a week since we “chatted” and you said you would be in touch and I took you at your word. So if LGI is standing their ground, just tell me please.Thanks,Al

Original review posted by user Oct 17, 2020

On August 4, 2020 my wife and I signed a contract with LGI Homes at Avery Pond in Fuquay Varina. Our plot was to be situated next to the sales office which they assured us it was to be converted and sold as a house in several months.

Our real estate agent was also present at the signing. On Sept. 20th when we went to check progress we were told it was NOT going to be converted, but rather the HOA was going to purchase it and be used for meetings, parties, etc. PLUS plans to build a playground and possibility of a pool.

We would NEVER had proceeded with this contract had they been honest and disclosed those plans.

We are in our 70s and having this right next to us is not something we ever expected or bargained for. We simply want our $1000.00 deposit refunded which the sales manager, Anthony Salley very arrogantly dismissed.

Your assistance and guidance would be greatly welcomed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lgi Homes Home Buying.

LGI Homes Pros: No design center.

LGI Homes Cons: Poor customer service, Lies and work ethic.

Location: 203 Mineral Springs Lane, Fuquay Varina, NC 27526

Comments

#1939304

So what is your position with LGI?

#1937973

Everything's not a conspiracy against you, just because you're elderly now. It's more likely that the plans changed for what was to be done with the area next door.

An HOA office isn't going to be having loud crazy parties. It's really no different than any other office.

People come and go. No big deal.

LGI Homes Reviews