Lgi Homes - Must read - dont reccommend an LGI home to anyone!

184 of 246 Lgi Homes reviews

We have foundation problems inside and out.Electrical problems.

Plumbing problems. Leaks. Had to replace AC unit b/c they put one 1 ton too small for our size home which caused it to overwork and go out. They cut corners and costs every way possible.

So much more, people deserve to know what they are getting into when they buy a house w/ them. Four people on my small culdesac have had major pipes bust underground. Neighbor across from us AC has gone out also and she has electrical problems. I was told by people who came to fix some things that since we are technically not in city li mits they dont have to pass code or inspection like they would if we were in city limitsl.

Just because you can get away with that doesnt mean its right or ethical. I dont reccomment anyone buy a home from them. Sidewalk and driveway sinking. Back door off from house shifting, fixed once and house moved more now gap on top and bottom of door.

You can see toilet upstairs lioks tilted to one side from shift and you can feel it when walking upstairs. There are cracks above doors and window. It just goes on and on. Even the fence throughout our neighborhood is constantly falling b/ c the just through posts in ground w/ no concrete on main posts.

House is a constant money pit and not worth what we are having to put into it.

It should really be bought back because no one will ever want to buy it with the foundation constantly shifting and its not right to be stuck with a defective home.Filed a complaint with BBB and no response as of yet.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Poorly Built House
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #491816

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lgi Homes? Submit review ›
Helpful? 31 Yes 31 10 No 10
Had the same issue 35 Yes 35
184 of 246 Lgi Homes reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 30 #1247940

All of you guys need to get together and hire a lawyer to sue them!! Your reviews saved me from even meeting with them. God bless you guys, I pray you all get help with all of your situations. A home is a big investment and should be taken serious by someone selling them.

Jan 30 #1103342

Just Leave It! Get An Appt or Condo

Jan 09 #1091858

Nearly all the whiners here are categorically failing to realize that it's their collective girth that's the real problem; you cannot expect to cram several enormous white trash whiners in a small, poorly constructed hothouse & not expect consequences. ALL the problems described here are the result of.....fatties.

0 2 Reply

Sep 12 #1211427 Irving, Texas, United States

You are an *** with no real reasons to even be commenting on people posts. Take your hateful self on somewhere.

Hello

Nov 16, 2015 #1064796 San Antonio, Texas, United States

Maybe we should get together and file a class action law suit against LGI asking them to buy their shoddy houses back.

2 0 Reply
Hello

Nov 16, 2015 #1064791 San Antonio, Texas, United States

We have an LGI home with a sinking driveway in Foster Meadows
San Antonio, Texas. LGI has refused to fix it. A/C will not cool the house and the floors are zero grade.

3 1 Reply
Howard

Nov 04, 2014 #895163 San Antonio, Texas, United States

I have some of the same problems. My fence was defective from the beginning and the building supervisor assured me that the problem would be fixed. Here it is 8 months later and the boards are still missing from the fence. I have water pipes bursting from the main and the A/C was just messed up from the beginning of the purchase. LGI has deceived me from the beginning and I feel that all should be aware of thier shady practices. Actually since I have moved to Texas I have had this problem and that makes me wonder if it is a state wide problem to screw people at every possible chance.

LU

Aug 04, 2014 #851123

NEW HOUSE is not supposed to come with problems of water leaks, plumbing problems, and the air conditioning not suitable for the size of the house? DON'T THINK SO! And to top it all off, when the structure of a house is not correctly leveled, the walls, floor etc.. crack. So here, something does not sound good. New house with too many flaws? Find a lawyer, PERIOD!

8 0 Reply
LU

Aug 04, 2014 #851115

NEW HOUSE is not supposed to come with problems of water leaks, plumbing problems, the air conditioning not suitable for the size of the house? DON'T THINK SO! And to top it all off... when the structure of a house is not correctly leveled the walls, floor etc.. crack. So here, something does not sound good. New house with too many flaws? Find a lawyer, PERIOD!

4 0 Reply

Jun 12, 2014 #826791 Austin, Texas, United States

Did your LGI Home not come with a 10 year foundation warranty? All the issue you state are covered under your Home Warranty...So before you go blasting negative ***....review your Homeowners Manual you received at closing.....it clearly outlines what is covered. I closed on my LGI home 1 year ago and have no regrets. Yes, I have had some minor issues as anyone will with a newly constructed home...But they were taken care of.

11 12 Reply
Ray

Jun 30, 2014 #834168 Magnolia, Texas, United States

Been in my house for 2 months (Savannah Plan) and I have no problems other than it not raining enough for my grass!

4 3 Reply
Howard

Nov 04, 2014 #895167 San Antonio, Texas, United States

Dont tell someone not to blast negative ***! I was decieved from the very beginning of the purchase and there has been no real help throughout the process of getting this *** fixed. The building supervisor that did the final walk through put a sticker on the inside of the cabinet under the sink that had a list of phone numbers. He told me that if I had a warranty issue to call the numbers on the sticker for the problem. I have a plumbing leak and called the number on the sticker. The gentleman that answered just laughed and told me that he has been retired for well over a year. I bought my house 8 Months ago! So don't tell someone not to blast this company because they are garbage they put out a garbage product.

4 0 Reply

May 20, 2015 #986728

Yes Must be the people they hire To build the homes, I only been in my home and year please tell me why my AC is out its a leak somewhere and BMI Ac company they contracted through suck as *** ! I have been waiting several days with three small kids with no air and I have no more patience !

1 0 Reply

Nov 02, 2015 #1057371 San Antonio, Texas, United States

please tell me this was may of 2015. lol My issue on Royal Canyon
Allpro plumbing is the best should i say the least. anyway they told me that who ever built this house did some poor plumbing work. i have a $12k work order because i have calcium deposits in my line due to improper flow. From what was told to me that the line from the kitchen to main sewer line is not elevated intact that it bent at at 22 feet that from the kitchen sewer thats not allowing water to flow causing kitchen sink (both) to back up. Allpro cam/scoped the line and showed me everything. they even said the line filter was installed weird. I've contacted USAA and they said also its due to poor craftsmanship and they will not be able to cover due to no actual structure damage.
The fences are *** in the whole neighborhood. I'm really thinking about calling a new reporter and tell them this.

1 1
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lgi Homes. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Lgi Homes.
Filing a new complaint about
×