7.4K views

We have foundation problems inside and out. Electrical problems.

Plumbing problems. Leaks. Had to replace AC unit b/c they put one 1 ton too small for our size home which caused it to overwork and go out. They cut corners and costs every way possible.

So much more, people deserve to know what they are getting into when they buy a house w/ them. Four people on my small culdesac have had major pipes bust underground. Neighbor across from us AC has gone out also and she has electrical problems. I was told by people who came to fix some things that since we are technically not in city li mits they dont have to pass code or inspection like they would if we were in city limitsl.

Just because you can get away with that doesnt mean its right or ethical. I dont reccomment anyone buy a home from them. Sidewalk and driveway sinking. Back door off from house shifting, fixed once and house moved more now gap on top and bottom of door.

You can see toilet upstairs lioks tilted to one side from shift and you can feel it when walking upstairs. There are cracks above doors and window. It just goes on and on. Even the fence throughout our neighborhood is constantly falling b/ c the just through posts in ground w/ no concrete on main posts.

House is a constant money pit and not worth what we are having to put into it.

It should really be bought back because no one will ever want to buy it with the foundation constantly shifting and its not right to be stuck with a defective home. Filed a complaint with BBB and no response as of yet.

Comments

what area are you in ?

Would you be willing to speak with me? I live in SA and have similar issues with my home.

I wonder is this company the same as Legacy community That came out years ago in Atlanta Ga a couple years ago, we move in there houses back in 2007 an had a water leak from the pipes that the workers use a nail gun an put a hole in the pipes an had water leaking the first month living there, had a small A/C that cause my bill to be very high everybody out there had a problem with there houses an I called BBB an they was talking about a civil suit people was trying to input. Maybe the same company just change there name.

Have any of you contacted media or lawyers please keep in mind the media will only deal with you if you do not have an attorney call NBC shame on you or any other network that has a shame on you department toll has an arbitration clause so unless you can get a class action suit you will have to arbitrate first

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #1322477

I contacted LGI before I read any reviews about them. It was difficult trying to have a sensible conversation with the person (male) who called me.

As a result, I decided to check out the online reviews.

I thank you and everyone else who shared their bad experiences with this company. You have all saved me from making a major mistake.

to Anonymous #1416103

Same here. I Have an appointment for this Sunday to speak with a Bryce.

I don't think I will be making that appointment after these reviews I don't wanna deal with it.

I called for information and ended up getting roped into an appointment to come in. so if that's how they operate just by that 1 phone call and these reviews sounds a bit shady to me.

All of you guys need to get together and hire a lawyer to sue them!! Your reviews saved me from even meeting with them.

God bless you guys, I pray you all get help with all of your situations. A home is a big investment and should be taken serious by someone selling them.

Just Leave It! Get An Appt or Condo

San Antonio, Texas, United States #1064796

Maybe we should get together and file a class action law suit against LGI asking them to buy their shoddy houses back.

San Antonio, Texas, United States #1064791

We have an LGI home with a sinking driveway in Foster Meadows

San Antonio, Texas. LGI has refused to fix it. A/C will not cool the house and the floors are zero grade.

San Antonio, Texas, United States #895163

I have some of the same problems. My fence was defective from the beginning and the building supervisor assured me that the problem would be fixed.

Here it is 8 months later and the boards are still missing from the fence. I have water pipes bursting from the main and the A/C was just messed up from the beginning of the purchase.

LGI has deceived me from the beginning and I feel that all should be aware of thier shady practices. Actually since I have moved to Texas I have had this problem and that makes me wonder if it is a state wide problem to screw people at every possible chance.

to Howard Denton, Texas, United States #1335026

Same problem with our fence it's been 11 months of us harassing them during our initial walk through my husband showed them our fence all the panels nails were sticking out not even put together the wind blows and they fall down!! We assume that since he told them it looked like a four yr old put it together that's why they've never fixed it!!

Our a/c doesn't blow in 2 of our bedrooms supposedly they are coming next week finally for that. We just had someone fix our back door he had to take the whole door out case and all because it was put in poorly by framers not door people!! Wish we would have looked at these reviews..

There are too many other issues to list. We are in Summer Oaks in Denton TX

San Antonio, Texas, United States #854604

Hello where was this location ?

NEW HOUSE is not supposed to come with problems of water leaks, plumbing problems, and the air conditioning not suitable for the size of the house? DON'T THINK SO!

And to top it all off, when the structure of a house is not correctly leveled, the walls, floor etc.. crack. So here, something does not sound good.

New house with too many flaws? Find a lawyer, PERIOD!

NEW HOUSE is not supposed to come with problems of water leaks, plumbing problems, the air conditioning not suitable for the size of the house? DON'T THINK SO!

And to top it all off... when the structure of a house is not correctly leveled the walls, floor etc.. crack. So here, something does not sound good.

New house with too many flaws? Find a lawyer, PERIOD!

Austin, Texas, United States #826791

Did your LGI Home not come with a 10 year foundation warranty? All the issue you state are covered under your Home Warranty...So before you go blasting negative ***....review your Homeowners Manual you received at closing.....it clearly outlines what is covered.

I closed on my LGI home 1 year ago and have no regrets.

Yes, I have had some minor issues as anyone will with a newly constructed home...But they were taken care of.

to Anonymous Magnolia, Texas, United States #834168

Been in my house for 2 months (Savannah Plan) and I have no problems other than it not raining enough for my grass!

to Anonymous San Antonio, Texas, United States #895167

Dont tell someone not to blast negative ***! I was decieved from the very beginning of the purchase and there has been no real help throughout the process of getting this *** fixed.

The building supervisor that did the final walk through put a sticker on the inside of the cabinet under the sink that had a list of phone numbers. He told me that if I had a warranty issue to call the numbers on the sticker for the problem. I have a plumbing leak and called the number on the sticker. The gentleman that answered just laughed and told me that he has been retired for well over a year.

I bought my house 8 Months ago! So don't tell someone not to blast this company because they are garbage they put out a garbage product.

to Howard #986728

Yes Must be the people they hire To build the homes, I only been in my home and year please tell me why my AC is out its a leak somewhere and BMI Ac company they contracted through suck as *** ! I have been waiting several days with three small kids with no air and I have no more patience !

to Anonymous San Antonio, Texas, United States #1057371

please tell me this was may of 2015. lol My issue on Royal Canyon

Allpro plumbing is the best should i say the least.

anyway they told me that who ever built this house did some poor plumbing work. i have a $12k work order because i have calcium deposits in my line due to improper flow. From what was told to me that the line from the kitchen to main sewer line is not elevated intact that it bent at at 22 feet that from the kitchen sewer thats not allowing water to flow causing kitchen sink (both) to back up. Allpro cam/scoped the line and showed me everything.

they even said the line filter was installed weird.

I've contacted USAA and they said also its due to poor craftsmanship and they will not be able to cover due to no actual structure damage.

The fences are *** in the whole neighborhood. I'm really thinking about calling a new reporter and tell them this.