Houston, Texas
3.3K views 5 comments

First of all, I really hated the mass scheduling of potential homeowners where you seated with a sales person who discusses your credit and financial information right out in the open.

With my situation I explained to the rep that I was in ch 13 for the last 3 years (coming out of it shortly) he said that this would not be an issue as long as my trustee approved and most importantly my credit score was 620 or higher. I had 640.

After I was prequalified I selected the home which I wanted that fit my income and credit score. Then.. The sales rep indicated that I would need to come out to the subdivision the following with 1k earnest money and would have to literally RACE to the available houses with other perspective buyers. Well, after RACING to the house I wanted And placing the 1k down payment, they proceeded to have me sign all the necessary documents etc. They even snapped a pic of me standing in front of one of the model homes that would eventually be the I will be moving into which was under construction.

Next step was sitting down with the mortgage company to finalize the application (which he was an hour late) This meeting lasted an hour which he asked me all the questions about my credit report and I inquired about one collection account (that occurred before my bankruptcy yet was just placed on my report recently)

The manager said that it would be an issue as long as it was paid, (which I did)

All in all, the mortgage manager was very professional and gave me his phone numbers, he said that finally completion would be in about a week.

Now this is where it gets really bad. Through out the week I would stop by to check on the progress of the construction and one day I noticed that the previously placed SOLD sign was removed from the sign posting in front of my house and Another home. I wondered why was this? I immediately got a bad feeling that something wasn't right, so I made MULTIPLE calls to my sales rep and the mortgage company. All calls, emails and text messages were never returned.

It wasn't till a week later that the sales rep (who had left and went to another property) had indicated that I didn't qualify because of the collection and/or bankruptcy. This is strange since all parties involved clearly stated that both would not be an issue. This is the 2nd time in a year that I have dealt wit LgI. Both experiences have been terrible. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Please use caution and check references

Review about: Lgi Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Misled.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Had an Experience with Lgi Homes?

Comments

Aurora, Colorado, United States #1202000

So sorry this happened to you; we take it that you did not get your earnest money back?Your review didn't say...We toured a property in the middle of a pasture in Colorado this morning (8/21/16) & no one has a finished yard---the whole subdivision looks embarrassing!

I'm reporting them to the Attorney General's Office here for bad sales practices...I asked if it was an inquiry or a hard credit pull, & the rep lied, so I'm filing a complaint.Best wishes to you!

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #1180586

Any recent collection placed on your file during the process will ruin it for the loan.

Well if you have a chapter 13 it usually last up to 10 years.Not to sound rude and sorry for your ordeal.

But filing for BR really screws up people.Especially those who fail to pay there mortgages on time..

to Anonymous #1119260

Well LGI should be up front and honest instead of people wasting their time!!!!

So did you get the house