First of all, I really hated the mass scheduling of potential homeowners where you seated with a sales person who discusses your credit and financial information right out in the open.
With my situation I explained to the rep that I was in ch 13 for the last 3 years (coming out of it shortly) he said that this would not be an issue as long as my trustee approved and most importantly my credit score was 620 or higher. I had 640.
After I was prequalified I selected the home which I wanted that fit my income and credit score. Then.. The sales rep indicated that I would need to come out to the subdivision the following with 1k earnest money and would have to literally RACE to the available houses with other perspective buyers. Well, after RACING to the house I wanted And placing the 1k down payment, they proceeded to have me sign all the necessary documents etc. They even snapped a pic of me standing in front of one of the model homes that would eventually be the I will be moving into which was under construction.
Next step was sitting down with the mortgage company to finalize the application (which he was an hour late) This meeting lasted an hour which he asked me all the questions about my credit report and I inquired about one collection account (that occurred before my bankruptcy yet was just placed on my report recently)
The manager said that it would be an issue as long as it was paid, (which I did)
All in all, the mortgage manager was very professional and gave me his phone numbers, he said that finally completion would be in about a week.
Now this is where it gets really bad. Through out the week I would stop by to check on the progress of the construction and one day I noticed that the previously placed SOLD sign was removed from the sign posting in front of my house and Another home. I wondered why was this? I immediately got a bad feeling that something wasn't right, so I made MULTIPLE calls to my sales rep and the mortgage company. All calls, emails and text messages were never returned.
It wasn't till a week later that the sales rep (who had left and went to another property) had indicated that I didn't qualify because of the collection and/or bankruptcy. This is strange since all parties involved clearly stated that both would not be an issue. This is the 2nd time in a year that I have dealt wit LgI. Both experiences have been terrible. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Please use caution and check references
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Lgi Homes House
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought a house at Sonoma on November 2014, it all started off wrong as they rushed our closing stating they wanted to do it before thanksgiving and even tho..."
- "These photos are of a house with defective stucco at Sun City Hilton Head, SC. It is one example of the widespread defective stucco problem at SCHH that has resulted..."
- "We got an adv. In our mail box for this company that saying they have good deals for buying house.. we did call the company to take an appointment. ..."
- "After months of looking at the products being advertised on the Touch of Modern web page, I decided to give it a try. I became skeptical because after making..."
- "The product I bought was the Tarkett Transcend AC622 Acacia Tamarin. Wow in the store looks great and very nice. Don’t be fooled it is the worst piece of material...."
- "I took my 4 year old English Bulldog to Banfield yesterday (6/9/12) for emergency treatment. My dog was walking around in my backyard as she always does when she started..."
- "What an utter bowel movement of a company. My refrigerator (Whirlpool Refrigerator Model WRX735SDBM02) is brand new and already the surface of the control panel is flaking and peeling away...."
- "It so sad to see all these negative reviews . I received my Snap On Smile (SOS) in February of 2012 and its the best 1600 dollar investment i made..."
- "On 14th November 2016 Elite Phones and Computers collected my Samsung Galaxy note 8 64g tablet by UPS. I was assured that they would be able to replace the motherboard..."