First of all, I really hated the mass scheduling of potential homeowners where you seated with a sales person who discusses your credit and financial information right out in the open.
With my situation I explained to the rep that I was in ch 13 for the last 3 years (coming out of it shortly) he said that this would not be an issue as long as my trustee approved and most importantly my credit score was 620 or higher. I had 640.
After I was prequalified I selected the home which I wanted that fit my income and credit score. Then.. The sales rep indicated that I would need to come out to the subdivision the following with 1k earnest money and would have to literally RACE to the available houses with other perspective buyers. Well, after RACING to the house I wanted And placing the 1k down payment, they proceeded to have me sign all the necessary documents etc. They even snapped a pic of me standing in front of one of the model homes that would eventually be the I will be moving into which was under construction.
Next step was sitting down with the mortgage company to finalize the application (which he was an hour late) This meeting lasted an hour which he asked me all the questions about my credit report and I inquired about one collection account (that occurred before my bankruptcy yet was just placed on my report recently)
The manager said that it would be an issue as long as it was paid, (which I did)
All in all, the mortgage manager was very professional and gave me his phone numbers, he said that finally completion would be in about a week.
Now this is where it gets really bad. Through out the week I would stop by to check on the progress of the construction and one day I noticed that the previously placed SOLD sign was removed from the sign posting in front of my house and Another home. I wondered why was this? I immediately got a bad feeling that something wasn't right, so I made MULTIPLE calls to my sales rep and the mortgage company. All calls, emails and text messages were never returned.
It wasn't till a week later that the sales rep (who had left and went to another property) had indicated that I didn't qualify because of the collection and/or bankruptcy. This is strange since all parties involved clearly stated that both would not be an issue. This is the 2nd time in a year that I have dealt wit LgI. Both experiences have been terrible. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Please use caution and check references
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Lgi Homes House
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We bought a brand new house in Luckey Ranch, on US 90 West, San Antonio, Texas. It's been only six months since we moved in. So far, we have..."
- "I am writing this as a review of the work that was conducted on my home last month from Rhino Shield of Jacksonville, Fl. Several months ago, my blood pressure..."
- "We have foundation problems inside and out. Electrical problems. Plumbing problems. Leaks. Had to replace AC unit b/c they put one 1 ton too small for our size home which..."
- "Went to Petco on Hwy 6 south Houston Tx I've gone there numerous times and never had a problem but today a new groomer was there I told her I..."
- "I purchased The Espresso colored 3pc. set (couch, loveseat, recliner) in Mid-December 2012. The main issue I have now is that both the couch and loveseat are cracking and peeling..."
- "I bought an element TV 42" at target and two months after the TV started to turn off by itself every 5 minutes. I went to target and couldn't return..."
- "we booked Bali -> Cebu via KL. 2 flights , one booking AA cancelled the early morning flight and out us on the next one. The only problem is this arrives..."
- "After owning for only 4 years now, we noticed that the bottom shelf of the cupboard over the couch is coming off. We then checked to see how it is..."
- "Purchased patio door from Lowe's. Went with this product on recommendation by contractor. *** move. Issue one. Door arrived with passive latch system broken. Lowes..."