First of all, I really hated the mass scheduling of potential homeowners where you seated with a sales person who discusses your credit and financial information right out in the open.
With my situation I explained to the rep that I was in ch 13 for the last 3 years (coming out of it shortly) he said that this would not be an issue as long as my trustee approved and most importantly my credit score was 620 or higher. I had 640.
After I was prequalified I selected the home which I wanted that fit my income and credit score. Then.. The sales rep indicated that I would need to come out to the subdivision the following with 1k earnest money and would have to literally RACE to the available houses with other perspective buyers. Well, after RACING to the house I wanted And placing the 1k down payment, they proceeded to have me sign all the necessary documents etc. They even snapped a pic of me standing in front of one of the model homes that would eventually be the I will be moving into which was under construction.
Next step was sitting down with the mortgage company to finalize the application (which he was an hour late) This meeting lasted an hour which he asked me all the questions about my credit report and I inquired about one collection account (that occurred before my bankruptcy yet was just placed on my report recently)
The manager said that it would be an issue as long as it was paid, (which I did)
All in all, the mortgage manager was very professional and gave me his phone numbers, he said that finally completion would be in about a week.
Now this is where it gets really bad. Through out the week I would stop by to check on the progress of the construction and one day I noticed that the previously placed SOLD sign was removed from the sign posting in front of my house and Another home. I wondered why was this? I immediately got a bad feeling that something wasn't right, so I made MULTIPLE calls to my sales rep and the mortgage company. All calls, emails and text messages were never returned.
It wasn't till a week later that the sales rep (who had left and went to another property) had indicated that I didn't qualify because of the collection and/or bankruptcy. This is strange since all parties involved clearly stated that both would not be an issue. This is the 2nd time in a year that I have dealt wit LgI. Both experiences have been terrible. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Please use caution and check references
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Lgi Homes House
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a new home from Shea, paying above market rates for upgrades. After the 10 year home warranty period we discovered wood rot in the deck, which we paid..."
- "We originally had our old gutters replaced due to water leakage with new gutters through Gutter Helmet of the Pikes Peak Region a few years ago (Colrado Springs, CO.). Our..."
- "These photos show the shoddy roof construction at my former Pulte-built house at Sun City Hilton Head, SC. When the roofers doing the repair arrived, one said "another valley" as he..."
- "My husband and I purchased a $600.00 recliner about the last week of August 2016. First week of September the chair looked as if it was purchased 10 years prior...."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida. I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section..."
- "My husband went to CVS and purchased a MoneyPak by Greendot card and loaded $400. He came home and follow instructions to activate his prepaid card with the $400 online...."
- "United PetSafe almost killed my Greyhound on July 3, 2013 on our flights from San Diego to Boston. My dog and my cat were never allowed out of their crates,..."
- "I took my 4 year old English Bulldog to Banfield yesterday (6/9/12) for emergency treatment. My dog was walking around in my backyard as she always does when she started..."
- "I hate and I mean hate this company 17%....really and my car payment is $479. This was the worst mistake ever. This was my first car loan and I was..."