3001 Seacrest Lane, Texas City, TX 77591, USA
1.1K views

We went to look at the homes at Luckey Ranch , San Antonio Texas . We signed a agreement on 16 July and gave them $1000 for earnest money.

On 18 July we decided not to purchase the home due to job reassignment. I notified the agent and he told me that I needed a letter from my employer stating the job reassignment. I called the agent back and he told me to come and see him . Thought this was odd.

On 19th July I called back and the agent told me I needed to sign a agreement cancellation form. I signed the cancellation on 20 July . I called back to check on my earnest money and the agent told me that the money would not be refunded. Why didn’t the agent tell me this during our first phone conversation?

I talked to the manager he had no answers for me . I talked to other realtors and they said I was well within the refund window . Looking at the reviews for this company, they do this a lot . All that we signed was that agreement and nothing else .

We still needed to be approved for the loan .

So, I guess a pre -agreement cost 1000 dollars ? This is a scam .

Product or Service Mentioned: Lgi Homes Home Buying.

Comments

They stole my $1000 as welll

I can't stress this enough - LGI is the most unethical home builder there is. Those who sell their souls to work for this company because of the monetary rewards will tell you what your itching ears want to hear. Run, don't walk from LGI!

@Run From LGI

These type of businesses or people should not be able to operate and then take honest people’s money . These people are lost souls !!! I agree , stay away from LGI !!!!

@Anonymous

There’s 2 sides to every story then there’s the truth!

LGI Homes Reviews