Dallas, Texas
8.6K views

We are a retired couple and have purchased several homes over the years. Have you noticed this company does not list their prices? In fact, they don´t list the sq ft either. There is a reason for this. For the FIRST TIME HOME BUYER, they use an old used car salesman trick. HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT TO SPEND or WHAT MONTHLY PAYMENT DO YOU WANT ?

We asked for the Price of the homes we were interested in and they continued to ask HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT TO SPEND. Now if we have 200K and tell them that, then they take a home and Price it at guess where ? 200K. This is an old trick, don´t fall for it. DEMAND to know the prices before you look at anything.

If you don´t like the Price they throw out, they will offer ¨Thousands in free upgrades¨ that would have been included anyway.

Bottom line, we walked out. SHADY SELLING is a dishonest trick and we wanted nothing to do with it.

ASK YOUR SELF THIS QUESTION ...... IF YOU ARE AN HONEST PERSON, WHY WOULD YOU HIDE YOUR PRICING AND SQ FT ON YOUR PRODUCT?

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

LGI Homes Cons: Presentation, Sales people.

Comments

I rented a home in Denton, Tx which was brand new when I moved in. Now I dont know about other areas, but I will say that the workmanship was very poor.

The concrete driveway did not flow to street which puddled, the sidewalk was severely chipped, and worst of all the grading on the yard was horrible at best. The home I live in is very cheaply made.

Very helpfull. Thanks

The following two post sound like LGI employees. I am a first time buyer who has done quite a bit of research and coming from a sale and finance background LGI's finance tactics can be seen as predatory lending practices. I experienced the same experience as the original reviewer just outside of Atlanta.

If you google the individual LGI community you're interested in they very clearly list the price of each model home on the community's website. Maybe do some internet research before sitting down with an agent? Just a helpful suggestion.

@Anonymous

Yes... I did that.

Upon completion of my investigation. Here's what I found; 12 new homes available from 1362 Sq ft to 2513 Sq ft.... and they have 6 of them listed, priced from $136,990 to $157,990... all having the very same address (quite the coincidence ), same pic too!

Advertised as all new homes just built.

You can check it out and decide for yourself. Just takes patience along with a bit of research !!!

The average 1st time buyer and/or renter can quickly be intimidated and scared off of the idea of purchasing due to a seemingly HUGE $200,000 price tag. However in reality that is a $966/month P&I payment which is more reasonable.

I am a competitor just checking out all of the bad reviews but I felt the need to defend this review. I have spent a decade trying to figure out how to keep renting family's from FLYING out of the doors of my model homes when I tell them the price as I'm screaming out "It's only $1,000 a month!!!"

LGI has reinvented how current renters are buying, but you my good sir sound like you should be using a realtor anyways.

@Buy-a-pulte

Are you suggesting that LGI is disingenuous.

@Buy-a-pulte

I am quite blown away with the fact you are a competitor who is defending this company. You are a great human.

If more people were like you, our country would be in much better shape. Cheers to you and keep being Awesome!!

@Buy-a-pulte

WHAT COMPANY DO YOU WORK FOR?